Poirier's Perspective


Wednesday, July 15

Really?!?!? What do I have to complain about?

I was thinking today that life is good. Is that a selfish remark, I
don't know, but after thinking about it, I really can't complain. I
don't even have the right to have a bad day. I have a bed to sleep in,
I have a roof over my head. I have a cell phone so I can call my
amazing fiancee, a computer, I have a shower with hot , clean, running
water (remember half our world doesn't even have that!) I also have
clothes to put on my back and I have food in my fridge.

Talk about God keeping his promises to us. Look at what Jesus tell us
in Matthew 6.25-34...
22 Jesus said to his disciples: I tell you not to worry about your
life! Don't worry about having something to eat or wear. 23 Life is
more than food or clothing. 24 Look at the crows! They don't plant or
harvest, and they don't have storehouses or barns. But God takes care
of them. You are much more important than any birds.

Just think about that. Doesn't that make you just feel so cared for? I
don't have the right to complain about my day or complain about a
thing. God is keeping His promise to me. And honestly, if your reading
this your on a computer and I bet God is keeping his promise to you
also. Next time you just feel like giving up because your day is going
bad, think about this. Think about how God has kept His promise to
you. How you have the breath of life. Once you have done this just
take a second and pray for the people who are much less fortunate than
you are.

Sent from my iPhone

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Babe! This is an amazing post!! It is so true. We are all blessed so much that we should never say.."having a bad day". Every day we are alive is a blessing. And we should praise God for it. Thanks for putting us all back into reality, and understanding that we should worship Him every day! Also Triple J had mentioned that sometimes when we are so focused on ourselves, we aren't satisfied and that's when we start complaining about things. But if we are serving God and others, then we won't have anything to complain about, because God will give us satisfaction!

I love you!

Taylor said...

Very nice :-)

And when I start to complain I usually think of something one of my friends is lacking and am thankful for what I'm blessed with and it makes me realize what I'm complaining about isn't that big of a deal, there are much worse things.

N8 said...

JP...does anyone still call you that? haha Anyway, your post today was truly inspirational and the thoughts are definitely something I can apply to my life.

It's so cool to have known you when you were younger and see how you have grown into such a great and Godly young adult. Stay strong!

pastortom said...

JP - you hit a home run with this blog! We hear so much bad news all around us, if we focus too much on it we tend to get down. But, as you wrote, we are SO BLESSED. Too often we get absorbed into ourselves and ungrateful for all God has provided.
Keep the good stuff coming JP!